edSeed Program Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Excited about working the following hours until end of March
– Tuesday & Thursday 6-9pm
– Saturday 9-4pm
The candidate would have responsibility to manage local projects, liaise with local NGOs, Universities and Students, and communicate with the edSeed team globally across issues.
1. Attend the SOUKLB Accelerator Program
2. Participate in Global Team Calls
3. Convey requirements, challenges and opportunities to the team
4. Learn using edSeed across user types
5. Provide “issues, bugs, resolution” updates to the development team
6. Provide summary weekly Reports
7, Outreach to local community of NGOs, Universities, Student Groups
8. Participate in edSeed global campaigns
9. Run local training programs
1. University Undergraduate / graduate in Communications, IT, Marketing or similar degrees, business development.
2. Excellent coordination skills.
3. Knowledge of project management.
4. Understanding of mobile applications and Crowdfunding.
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
6. Native Arabic speaker and excellent English communications skills.
7. Commitment to 15-20 Hours per week.
Send your resume to grow@edSeed.me
Social Media & Marketing Intern
The edSeed app connects donors with refugee youth seeking higher education funding and career guidance/mentorship and we are hiring!
We are looking for a social media marketing intern to help us create content and manage our online communities.
1. Creating content for edSeed social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
2. Brainstorming and developing new content ideas for campaigns.
3. Managing social media platforms.
4. Liaising with the marketing, operations and student onboarding teams.
5. Assisting with developing material for presentations, marketing paraphernalia and pitches.
- A current or recent student, with educational background in marketing, communications, or graphic design.
- Experienced in using social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp and YouTube.
- Digitally savvy and hard-working, comfortable using Slack, Zoom and digital communication tools.
- Able to commit to working remotely for 10 hours/week.
Freelance iOS developer
The edSeed app connects donors with refugee youth seeking higher education funding and career guidance/mentorship and we are hiring! (Freelance iOS Developer).
1. Programming using the Objective-C & Swift language, and the Xcode suite of tools to edSeed application for handheld devices running the iOS platform and provide technical oversight.
2. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
3. Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
4. Ability to consistently produce functional, clean, well-documented, efficient code.
5. Ensure the performance, maintain code quality, and responsiveness of applications.
6. Collaborate with a team to define, design, implement and ship new features.
7. Attend the online meetings and show commitment to Board activities/tasks, submit regular technical reports in prescribed formats.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Technology.
- Minimum 2 year experience in developing iOS applications.
- Experience in dealing with ( iOS native, Objective-C & Swift).
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Strong sense of system architecture as it relates to mobile apps.
- Work experience in dealing with iOS SDK, JSON, databases, web services, RESTful APIs Media and Animation.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs, push notifications, memory and thread management.
- Good at debugging and QA own code and delivering nearly bug-free code to QA team.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience in publishing apps to the App Store, Certificates, and Provisioning Profiles etc..
- Solid understanding of user interaction concept differences between iPad and iPhone versions.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- The ability to accomplish work remotely.
- Strong in communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.