edSeed Program Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Excited about working the following hours until end of March
– Tuesday & Thursday 6-9pm
– Saturday 9-4pm
The candidate would have responsibility to manage local projects, liaise with local NGOs, Universities and Students, and communicate with the edSeed team globally across issues.
1. Attend the SOUKLB Accelerator Program
2. Participate in Global Team Calls
3. Convey requirements, challenges and opportunities to the team
4. Learn using edSeed across user types
5. Provide “issues, bugs, resolution” updates to the development team
6. Provide summary weekly Reports
7, Outreach to local community of NGOs, Universities, Student Groups
8. Participate in edSeed global campaigns
9. Run local training programs
1. University Undergraduate / graduate in Communications, IT, Marketing or similar degrees, business development.
2. Excellent coordination skills.
3. Knowledge of project management.
4. Understanding of mobile applications and Crowdfunding.
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
6. Native Arabic speaker and excellent English communications skills.
7. Commitment to 15-20 Hours per week.
Send your resume to grow@edSeed.me
Social Media & Marketing Intern
We are looking for a social media marketing intern to help us create content and manage our online communities.
1. Creating content for edSeed social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
2. Brainstorming and developing new content ideas for campaigns.
3. Managing social media platforms.
4. Liaising with the marketing, operations and student onboarding teams.
5. Assisting with developing material for presentations, marketing paraphernalia and pitches.
- A current or recent student, with educational background in marketing, communications, or graphic design.
- Experienced in using social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp and YouTube.
- Digitally savvy and hard-working, comfortable using Slack, Zoom and digital communication tools.
- Able to commit to working remotely for 10 hours/week.
Freelance iOS developer
1. Programming using the Objective-C & Swift language, and the Xcode suite of tools to edSeed application for handheld devices running the iOS platform and provide technical oversight.
2. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
3. Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
4. Ability to consistently produce functional, clean, well-documented, efficient code.
5. Ensure the performance, maintain code quality, and responsiveness of applications.
6. Collaborate with a team to define, design, implement and ship new features.
7. Attend the online meetings and show commitment to Board activities/tasks, submit regular technical reports in prescribed formats.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Technology.
- A developer should have an active Apple ID.
- Minimum 2 year experience in developing iOS applications.
- Experience in dealing with ( iOS native, Objective-C & Swift).
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Strong sense of system architecture as it relates to mobile apps.
- Work experience in dealing with iOS SDK, JSON, databases, web services, RESTful APIs Media and Animation.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs, push notifications, memory and thread management.
- Good at debugging and QA own code and delivering nearly bug-free code to QA team.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience in publishing apps to the App Store, Certificates, and Provisioning Profiles etc..
- Solid understanding of user interaction concept differences between iPad and iPhone versions.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- The ability to accomplish work remotely.
- Strong in communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
The edSeed is a crowdfunding social network connecting students with donors and mentors who support their higher education and journey to economic independence.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer who will help us improve our website and applications and upgrade them into easy-to-use platforms for different user types. The designer will be responsible for studying the user preferences, designing the necessary graphics and building the relevant platform components.The designer will create both functional and appealing features that address our user needs and help us grow our partners and beneficiaries base alike.
1. Collect and asses user requirements in collaboration with the concerned team members.
2. Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
3. Assemble and present concept drafts to the team.
4. Design different user interface elements, like menus, tabs and page navigation buttons & fields.
5. Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
6. Create unique and brand-compatible graphic designs.
7. Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
8. Edit the layout design based on user feedback.
Successful candidates will come to the role with a strong background in Design and Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in wireframe tools (i.e.. Wireframe.cc and InVision).
- Comprehensive knowledge of design software (i.e. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Strong communication skills and sense of initiation & collaboration.
- Good time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and track milestones.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.