Palestinian, from Ni'ilya; seeking Undergraduate degree in Cyber security engineering and is enrolled at Univeersity College Applied Science.
I am Ahmed Al-Moqayed, a Cybersecurity Engineering sophomore at the University College of
Applied Science in Gaza, Palestine.
I graduated high school with a GPA of 91.9%.
Engineering has always been my life dream. However, at some pointI lost interest in academics. I would spend most of my time at a computer, immersing
myself in programming. At the young age of 12, I began learning web design,
which ignited my passion for computers. Seeking to ease the financial
burden of my parents, I started working at computer shops when I was 13. This
continued until I turned 16, coinciding with the onset of the COVID-19
The world's rapid technological advancements during the pandemic inspired me to be
part of this progress. Determined to redirect my attention to studying; I
enrolled in the scientific section of high school and dedicated myself to
achieving the necessary average for admission into engineering.
After graduating high school, I explored various fields that combined computers
and engineering. It was then that I discovered the relatively new field of
Cybersecurity Engineering. The more I learned about it, the deeper my love for
it grew. Driven by passion and enthusiasm, I embarked on this journey
Why Would Donors Fund You?
Using the internet has become a risky business In today's world, yet we cannot imagine our world without it.
Many criminals have made cybercrime a way of living, compromising our personal safety . I strive to be part of spreading cybersecurity professionals around the world to make the cyber space a safe zone for all its users.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
- I will help people who have been affected like me and have found it difficult to
access the right educational environment, including helping in launching campaigns to cover education fees.
- I will do induction meetings at Gaza universities around the edSeed platform in
coordination with others who are part of the same platform
- tI intend to establish a counter cyber-hack unit at a proper venue to help people victims of cyber crime regain control over their personal information.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- I volunteered as a college adviser to help high school students choose the major that suits them best.
- I volunteered in an awareness campaign for high school students and other educational institutions about the risks of using the Internet.
- I co-organized the edSeed event at the University College of Applied Sciences to introduce edSeed to students.
- I participated in awareness meetings at UCAS about Security Fortification, namely, the danger of
technology development in our time.
- I represented my college in ICPC and international competitions.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
· Cybersecurity Essentials from Cisco .
· ICDL from Edrak .
· java programming language from Edrak .
· designing web and application from tech box .
- get an average of 91.9% in high school .
- get an average of 89.65% in the first semester .
- get many courses from many sites like : Cisco , Gaza sky Geeks , Al -zero web school , tech box and Edrak .
- portfolio website.
· Programming with java language.
· CSS and Html.
· designing web and application.
· Scientific research.
· technical writer.
· cyber security specialist.
· problem solver in programming.
· build a set of websites.
· GUI designer.