Palestinian, from Gaza; seeking a Undergraduate degree in Dentistry and is enrolled at University of Palestine.
I'm Noor , a 20-year-old girl from Gaza, Palestine. I'm a third year dental student at the University of Palestine. I dreamed of becoming a doctor since I was a little girl. I knew that it takes good grades to get there. I have been one of the top students of my class, with a 91% average.
My dad is my mentor. He has a PH.D in biology from Germany. He financed his own education but has incurred a lot of debt and could not send us to college.
My mother also has a degree in medical labs. She completed her degree in Germany while mothering 3 kids. I have 8 siblings.
I grow up in Beit Lahia north of Gaza. Gaza been under siege since 2007. We survived four wars but did not loose hope. I remember having to attend school in a make-shift caravan because our school was hit during the hostilities.
My dream is to become a dentist and open my own clinic to work and helping female patients , to help my community specially those who suffered the consequences of the conflict.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
I believe I can be good for community helping people with low income and teaching people the importance of taking care of their teeth and to be able to smile beautifully.
We live in economic crises .
Believing in humanity , and I'm sure there's people with kind hearts willing to help a young student and give him an opportunity to be independent by baying back.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
- Free dental clinics for the needy
- Conducting dental hygiene awareness campaigns in grade schools
- Provide a safe treatment environment for females
- Establish an exclusively women dental practice to provide employment opportunity for women.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
I volunteered in several campaigns:
- Cleaning Gaza Beaches with school students;
- Recycling environmental waste such as plastic containers and soft drink bottles, and turning them into artwork
- Making recycling bins for plastic and paper waste;
- Awareness raising campaigns on environmental protection and water rationalization;
- Tree planting.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- I won the Ministry of Education award for singing. I always sang at children's and school parties.
- I enrolled in an English program.
- I participated in embroidery courses, because the threads reflect the cultural heritage of Palestine and tell the stories of Palestinian memory as if they tell the story of the land and its people.
- I developed myself by learning new skills like drawing.