From Palestine; seeking a Undergraduate degree in Dentistry and is enrolled at Al-Azhar University – Gaza.
My name is Sabreen Al-Shami, I am 21 year old Palestinian girl borne and rised in Gaza.
I studied hard to gain the best knowledge until I reached high school three years ago. I studied under the candle light, the bad light and the loud noise, but my struggle paid off his effort and I got an average 95.9%.
I belong to a family of 10 members, my father is sick and does not have the ability to work as he underwent a very serious surgery several years ago. He cannot pay my university fees in addition to the price of dental equipment that I need during clinical training
I was born in a family that appreciates education, even my father was keen to educate all my brothers and sisters, but I was the only one who studied in the medical school, and for sure this is a great burden on a family living in Gaza Strip.
I believe that every moment a girl spends in educating herself is equivalent to a whole life, it makes her chance in life stronger than ever. For a girl living in Gaza, this requires a greater effort to face all difficulties the unexpected circumstances. Suffering creates successful people to be able to change their surroundings for the better.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
* I believe in myself that I will be a successful dentist and able to serve patient and relief their pain and suffering.
*Help to create beautiful smiles because our smile and teeth have always been a big part of our image and life.
*I will encourage healthy oral habit and help patient experience joy and excitement when they visit the dentist.
* Dentist is a job that I enjoy and I will be creative in it.
* I will be able to change my surrounding for the better.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
* In Gaza, there are so many people in need, I will help them and I will offer free treatment to children whose families can not afford to pay for medication and treatment.
*I will fund university students to reach their goals.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
-I participated in many activities to rise people awareness about oral hygiene.
- I was an active member recently in the activities of the World Oral Health Day in our collage.
-A member of Palestinian Association Dental Student.
-Volunteer in an agricultural and environmental beautification project.
-A member of a volunteer team to support kidney failure patients in the Gaza Strip.
-Participation in many scientific events and trip.
-Distribution of breakfast in Ramadan.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- Life and social skills course.
- English language level course.
-I have attended several free online courses which played a vital role in improving my personal skills.
-Scientific Research Competition
- "My book" project.
-Leader in many of the camp.