I came out with 5 major takeaways from our meeting with Ms. Joumana Aljabri’s webinar In Harmony with the Moment:
- The words we say define us.
- Key words do not always mean the same thing. To say: “I am a refugee” is different from saying “I am in a refugee situation”.
- We must think about what we say and give value to the meaning. We must choose the correct meaning that fits the situation, and not the correct meaning only.
- The benefits of choosing positive words are great, including the psychological impact on ourselves.
- We must believe in the value of the words we say. Words represent us. They might be understood differently depending on the environment or the culture of those at the receiving end.
#refugee #arabyouth #reflection #self_actualization #self_awareness #self_reliance #Zaatari #education4all #syria #edSeed #vipfund