From Syria, Idleb; seeking Undergraduate degree in Biomedical Science and is enrolled at Lebanese International University.
I'm Abdul-Jabbar Taifour, from Isqat, Idleb, Syria. I'm a 21 year old Syrian refugee in Lebanon.. I lost my only
brother during the war. I have four sisters.
While still in Syria, I lived in a remote refugee camp, away from hospitals. My beloved grandmother was a diabetic and had heart disease. We had to drive long hours to get her to the nearest hospital. I still remember the our fear for her life and the lack of proper medical care.I had a passion for exploring new frontiers since I was a child. I wanted to be a medical lab scientist.
One day I realized that this course of study could help me make a difference.
I want to dedicate my career to helping people in war zones.
We left our country in 2012 to Lebanon. I dropped out of school for one year and
started working to help my family. I returned to eighth grade and eventually graduated high school in 2018.
I now have a 50 % discount from the Lebanese International University to study biomedical science.
One day, I want to be able to undertake research in epidemiology.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
I've always been passionate about exploring, learning, and helping others.
When I finish my studies, I will use my passion to fight disease.
COVID challenges has shown us that physicians remain the front line soldiers when no one dares step in.
Your donation to my education will have a wider impact on my future and society as a whole.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
- I hope I can one day be a member of a national team that could play its part in the fighting endemic diseases like leishmaniasis and Mediterranean Fever.
- I am looking to develop medication for a chronic disease like diabetes or cancer using mRNA techniques, which will open the door wide cure many diseases .
- I will donate part of my salary after graduation to students who need money to complete their studies.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- "PADILIA" to prepare students to enter university.
- "Project Amal ou Salam " The program seeks to tailor the education system to the needs of Syria’s traumatized children ages 6 through 15.
- I used to help any student who needed help and now i help many students in light of the current crisis with e-learning.
And any opportunity of volunteering i will be ready for it, with the knowledge I possess.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
I have taken some courses to improve my self, such as:
- Post intermediate English course at PADILIA Center
- Got B2 level in APTS exam
- completed 8 months in university readiness program