From Jordan; seeking a Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering and is enrolled at Jordan University of Science and Technology.
I’m Ahmad Khair Allah, 26 years old IT student at Jordan University for Science and Technology. Our family arrived in Jordan from Palestine in 1948. I have a sister and two younger brothers. We live off my father’s 320 JoD monthly retirement benefits.
I have been fascinated with IT since I was a child. I learned programming on my own at an early age. I always wanted to be of help to others.
Our family is genetically disposed to diabetes. My aunts and uncles suffered diabetes related complications. Many were amputees. Some lost their lives to the disease at a young age.
I remember how difficult it was to track the progress of their disease. Daily follow up was a full-time job.
I felt that science must have the answers to some of the daily care and follow-up.
I did research to invent a gadget that can take the burdens off the shoulders of patients, their caregivers and healthcare providers using AI Algorithms.
I did extensive research. I contacted endocrinologists in Europe to verify the validity of my invention. I called it Salamtak and presented it to one of the largest platforms for entrepreneurial projects: The Arab Academy for Innovation in Qatar. My team won the academy’s competition and Salamtak, our diabetic bracelet ranked first.
I am a sophomore in Software Engineering. I have two more years to graduate and cannot do that without financial assistance. I finished a total 42 of the 132 credit hours on my own.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
I would like to dedicate my efforts, knowledge and creative skills to create health solutions for my community. The bracelet is only the beginning of this road.
I also am interested in developing digital and robotic skills for children in my community.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
I will allocate parts of the proceeds of any invention I end up producing to educate an IT student.
I owe VIP.fund and my community this debt. I will pay it back with interest.
You made a difference in my life. When it is my turn, I will make a difference in another needy student's life.
I will also continue to volunteer by educating children in refugee and underprivileged communities.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- I volunteered for the FLL and WRO competition
- I volunteer for 300 hours at princess Basma youth center and the robot trainer program
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- I am a robot trainer/Robot Engineer at Mind Lab King Hussein Business park.
- I was a robot trainer at the center of excellence for creative projects at Jordan University of science and technology.
- I won first place in the Arab Innovation Academy in the State of Qatar.
- I I came in first at the World Robot Olympiad in Jordan
- I teach robots systems (wedo, ev3, nxt,, rev, vex, myrio microcontroller)Good programming experience ( C , C++ , PYTHON , JAVA , HTML , CSS , labview , scratch)
- Good experience in internet of things and Arduino