Lebanese, from Hebarieh; seeking Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design and is enrolled at LIU.
"La La Land"—a whimsical term for straying far from reality. This is, in some ways, what my reality looks like.
I am Tala Ali, an 18-year-old aspiring graphic designer from Lebanon.
Finances have been a constant hurdle for our family, as my dad lacks a degree and my mom, our primary breadwinner, is a teacher. This led me to change many schools. My sister took gap years too, making her bachelor's degree a mission impossible.
Despite the challenges, I dream big.
I have always been fascinated by graphic design, animation, movies, and impressive logos. Drawing is my escape, it allows me to convey my inner emotions.
My love for arts grew fonder and I tried to learn knitting in order to sustain my family.
However, in the Middle East, it can be especially difficult for women to pursue their dreams without a degree.
My resilient mom is my role model. Her sacrifices inspire me to pursue a degree to secure a better future for our family.
My path isn't easy, but with your support, I can defy gravity.
As Baudelaire once said about the Albatross: "He cannot walk beneath the weight of wings."
I need $1000 for my tuition this year.
Please, guide me to walk the path toward success while soaring high.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
Animation has the power to revolutionize the way of thought, unite people, and inspire positive change in the world. I will use my talent to create a more just and equitable world. I aim to organize campaigns against drugs, child labor, and oppression.
I am asking for your support to help me harness the power of animation and make a difference in the world.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
We make a living by what we get but, we make a life by what we give.
I believe that helping the community is empowering, therefore I will stay active through:
- Starting campaigns against drug addiction, child labor, and forced marriages.
- Easing people's suffering and making them happy through animation and cartoons for special needs children and cancer centers.
- Volunteering with Edseed to help my peers.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- Helping villagers with a local community in my village Hebbarieh Youth Gathering
- Organizing Iftar and Eid gatherings
- Cleaning my village with Hebbarieh Youth Gathering
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- Learned Spanish via apps and online classes
- Learned knitting through YouTube videos
- Practiced chess
- Learned drawing through Pinterest and videos