Syrian, from Damascus; seeking Undergraduate degree in Journalism and Media and is enrolled at Lebanese International University.
I am Yaman Ziadeh, a 20-years-old Syrian refugee in Lebanon. I left Syria in 2013. I obtained my high school diploma in 2021. I had a passion for creating visual content and was particularly interested in refugee stories from around the world: their suffering, success, and achievements. Desire and curiosity led me to wonderful places. I discovered my passion for acting. For me, art is one of the most important means of communication. It is a vehicle for
spreading human values. I applied to a talent show competition and was accepted in the “Manaret Al Salam” (minaret of peace in Arabic) theater group.
I applied to many scholarships to no avail. I attended one semester in college and then dropped out because I could not afford it. I joined the “Let Me Dream” talent project, where I developed my leadership, planning, and time management skills. I was recruited as a member of the team upon
graduation. I hope that by majoring in media and communications, I can change the stereotypical image of refugees that is often portrayed in the
Why Would Donors Fund You?
My experience in the media and content creation made me believe in myself.
I feel that I can make a big difference in society, help people, motivate them and enhance their confidence.
For this reason, I decided to study media with a focus on digital media for creativity and innovation and to be able to use media for the purposes of development and construction and in achieving sustainable human development.
Your donation to my education will have a broader impact on my future and the future of the Syrian generation.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
- I want to work in non-profit organizations, as they are an important tool for social development.
- I would like to launch community initiatives aimed at building peace and reducing tensions in local communities in cooperation with non-profit organizations, with the aim of enabling individuals to coexist flexibly in a society that contains several nationalities and cultures.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- I volunteered at the Development and Renewal Association in Bekaa, in the media team within the Iftar project in the month of Ramadan, to document the activities through photos and videos.
- Volunteered with Let Me Dream Talent Team.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- I enrolled in graphic design and photography trainings at the Assaf Center.
- I registered for a training course with the Let Me Dream Talent Team to increase my self-confidence.
- A member of the Manarat Al-Salam theatrical team, in the process of preparing a comedy theatrical show.
- I have 3 platforms on social media, news content with animation, sports content, and entertainment content.
- I attended a training course in maintaining mobile devices at the Assaf Education Center.