Syrian, from Homs; seeking a Undergraduate degree in Chemistry and is enrolled at Lebanese University.
From Houleh, Homs, Syria, seeking an undergraduate degree in Chemistry and is enrolled at the Lebanese University.
My name Hamza Yaser Ismail, a 27 years old, Syrian refugee in Lebanon from Homs.
In 2011 I was my first university year in civil engineering in Syria, and because of the war, the university was closed and I took refuge in Lebanon, I dropped out for 6 years and started working in a children’s toys company.
Despite all these circumstances, I decided to continue my education after a hiatus of 6 years, and I was able to turn my asylum into an opportunity for scientific growth, and I went back to my first year of university and started from scratch.
The language was one of the problems that I also faced because in Syria all our education was in the Arabic language, but I registered in several language strengthening courses so that I could continue my education in Lebanon.
I am currently in the last year of my bachelor's degree in chemistry. After graduation, I want to continue my master's studies in Environmental chemistry.
I hope that you will help me to complete my education at the university.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
I will study environmental chemistry so that I can help the environment with the utmost effort.
When I finish my studies, my research will be on how to reduce pollution and how to preserve the environment and spare it from the scourge of war.
So your donation will have an impact on me and the community as a whole.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
•I will become one of the donors who support Edseed students (today a student, tomorrow a donor)
•I will seek to be a lecturer in seminars that are held in order to educate the younger generation
•I will give free chemistry lessons in orphanages
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
• I am a member of Volunteers Without Borders
• I volunteered with Volunteers Without Borders(متطوعون بلا حدود) in cleaning the places affected by the explosion of Beirut Port (roads, religious places, houses ... etc.)
• I Volunteered with Volunteers Without Borders in distributing aid to families affected by the explosion of Beirut Port
• I Volunteered with Banin Association in distributing gifts on Eid to 2500 childrens
• I volunteered with the Benin Association in cleaning the beaches of Beirut
• I Volunteered in caring for the elderly in Mar Mikhael Monastery • I volunteered at the Lebanese University in the process of vaccinating students and doctors in the Corona vaccine.
• I volunteered in Children's Cancer Center at AUB for 1 year
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
•I got certificate in Human rights
•I got certificate in democracy and electoral education
•I got certificate in good governance
• I got certificate in leadership, teamwork and dismantling of conflict.
• I got certificate in basics of use excel and word
• I got certificate in finishing English Language in B2 level
• I participate in 20 hours training program in train the trainers
- I was one of 30 candidates selected form a pool of 500 applicants for the Tech Corridors programs in data labeling that would eventually connect candidates to employment opportunities