Syrian, from Daraa; seeking a Undergraduate degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences and is enrolled at Zarqa University.
My name is Tabarak Hariri, a 19-year-old From Dara'a, Syria. I arrived with my family to Zaatari camp in 2013. My father is an Arabic teacher, and my mother is a housewife. I have two sisters and two brothers. My elder brother had to quit school help my father make ends meet.
My brother encouraged me to continue learning by attending courses and activities. I took part in awareness campaigns, recreational and educational activities for children. I obtained certificates in life skills, basic English language, communication skills and self-confidence.
I play guitar, sing ,draw , and play football. . I got 78.5 in high school.
I will be the first of my siblings to attend college. It is such an honor that I aspire to achieve.
I honestly was at loss about the major I would like to pursue. All I knew was that I want to be a career woman. I want to share the financial burden that has fallen totally on the shoulder of my father and brother.
The health sector in Syria has taken a strong hit. Whether we get repatriated or stay in Jordan, I feel I can always find a job in this field.
I hope to supplement my medical knowledge by focusing more on non-communicable diseases, primarily diabetes. I hope to focus on prevention, nutrition with special emphasis on dietary guidelines, prevention and management.
I want to make a difference in people's lives, whether in the camp or back in my country. I know I have the stamina and the determination. I only need your help to achieve my goal.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
My education is the key to my liberation. Supporting myself will be my only asset in making decisions about my life. It will improve my family's living conditions.
Your support will not end with me. I promise it will have a cascading effect. Many people in my community will reap the fruits of your generosity.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
I will volunteer with edSeed and help students fundraise and mobilize donor support.
When I graduate, n I will volunteer in the World Health Organizations and Doctors Without Borders.
Most importantly, I will focus my attention on juvenile diabetes' management and on integrating diabetic children in schools and the community.
I will raise funds for a Juvenile Diabetes entertainment center to provide counseling, educational and entertainment services to children and their families.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- I volunteered to entertain children in camps through plays
- During the COVID pandemic, I spearheaded awareness campaigns to teach the public about the importance of hygiene in curbing the spread. I is distributed sterilizers, hygiene products and protective masks.We focused on young school children reduce infection rates, and on the importance of taking the vaccine.
- I volunteered with organizations in the camp to promote the love of science through entertainment activities.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- Participated in numerous symposiums on the promotion and protection of women's rights.
- Entered the reading challenge and ranked among my school mates.
- I participated in the initiative " Me, We, Syria" leadership, self-development, knowledge in the face of adversity and communication skills.
- Participated in many training courses to develop myself and my skills.