Syrian, from Dara'a; seeking a Undergraduate degree in التحليل الطبية and is enrolled at Zarqa University.
I am Duha Al-Nashi, a twenty-year- old Syrian from Dar'a. I have been living with my family in Zaatari camp since 2012.
I got my Tajihi (high school certificate), science track, in 2020.
I still remember when we crossed the borders to Jordan on foot. My grandmother had two bags: one had bread, the other her medications.
At some point we had to run. She dropped the bag of bread of bread and held on to the bag of medications.
She felt at that point that she will not perish from hunger, but could be in danger if she did not take her medications.
I knew then that I will choose a career in the medical field.
I want to study medical labs.
Today, a world's top doctor cannot use his skills without findings confirmed by medical lab reports.
I want to excel in this field and hope to do so with your support.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
- I am an optimistic person, I love life and I have a strong passion to continue my scientific career, as I love to work, especially in the medical field.
- I chose to go against the tide. Without pursuing a degree, my chances of convincing my family that I do not want to get married at a young age are slim. I really want to be a career woman and give my self and my family a chance to live in dignity. Education is my only hope.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
Cell and gene therapy are key to eliminating diseases such as cancer, cystic fibrosis and AIDS. I want to dedicate my self to work in this field.
I hope to travel with the Red Crescent to remote / war ravaged areas to provide help when medical infrastructures can no longer support the health requirements of impacted populations.
I hope to be an active member of the edSeed family.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- I volunteered in campaigns to check blood pressure and sugar levels of seniors in the camp.
- I tutored students in English and math.
- I participated in campaigns to raise awareness about the risks of early marriages.
- I volunteered for first aid campaigns in the camp.
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- Photography certificate - LitWorldLiWorld
- ٍٍ ٍTheatrical activities FINN CHURCH AID
- Preparing and writing theatrical scripts - KnK Japan
- First and second levels certificate in English - FINN CHURCH AID
- Debate certificate - UNICEF
- First level certificate in English - IRD
- Life skills development certificate - UNICEF
- I am Preparing for IELTS exam.
- ًWeb Design training - in progress - Relief International.