Syrian, from Damascus; seeking Graduate degree in Master in Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM) and is enrolled at Jean Monnet University.
I am Mohammad Badei Alfathi , from Deir Ezzor, Syria.
I share with 11 million displaced Syrians the trauma of war and persecution.
And I am among the few who have a lot to be grateful for.
I managed to turn my displacement into an opportunity for personal growth.
I learned English and Turkish.
While learning Turkish, I discovered my love for IT. I convinced my parents to let me follow my dream and study IT engineering
although I qualified for medical school.
I was a core member/developer at the Google Developer Student Club in college and spent my Internship with Orantis.
I taught programming to supplement my income. I became fascinated with AI. For my graduation project, I explored the modality of teaching English writing based on the theory of structural groups using natural language processing. I graduated with honors.
My professors and supervisors vouch for my dedication and excellence.
My parents had degrees in psychology. They often discussed their work challenges with their patients. I started
thinking about combining my IT/AI skills with psychology applications to diagnose mental illness. Technology and AI became the topic of
our weekly conversations. Each one of us would suggest a theme. Our discussions became the incubator of a project on diagnosing mental illness
among traumatized populations and suggesting appropriate treatments using AI.
I plan to pursue a graduate degree to turn this science fiction idea into reality.
Why Would Donors Fund You?
Drawing on my parents' experience Psychology/Therapy has given me a unique opportunity to apply my AI skills to that field.
My psychiatric diagnosis project aims at developing a smart platform to diagnose and treat mental disorder based biometrics and other indicators.
My language skills will give me an edge to work with affected Arabic speaking populations. Your help will help me address severe shortages in mental health in our region.
How Do You Plan to Payback?
- I want to apply my IT/AI knowledge to psychology. I hope to make a difference in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness and PTSD related trauma among populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters.
- Recording multi level Programming and software tutorials, beginner to advanced levels on UDEMY . They help students decide the level of skills required to embark on a career.
Volunteer Work/Social Capital
- Arak Team (University students’ team): Founding member & Social Media officer. 2015 - 2017
- Lend a Helping Hand (كن عونا) Relief Team (School Supplies for Children) : Member of the team & Social Media officer. 2015 - 2017
- Do Not Despair (لا تبتئس) - Personal initiative to raise funds for food aid Founder. 2016.
- OTHMAN IBN AFFAN (Scientific Institutes Conference): Member of the organizing team. 2015
- Google Developer Student Club | DSC KBU: Developer and Core Team Member. 2021 -
- Volunteer work with Care International and Relief International.
- Cancer detection using Machine Learning / AI
- Innovative Web Application to improve English Writing Skill
- My new channel of poems
What Have You Done to Improve Yourself? Awards and Achievements
- Graduation Certificate with Honors
- Deep Learning Specialization
- Google IT Automation with Python Specialization
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Database Design and programming with SQL
- training course in robotics science (Design and programming)
- A Crash Course in Data Science
- Full-Stack Web Developer
- Android Development